CNC Field Service Technician
Company: HELLER Machine Tools L.P.
Posted on: January 17, 2023
- 100% domestic travel required.
- Comfortable working from home and traveling to clients
throughout the USA on a daily or weekly basis.Duties, including,
but not limited to, the following:
- Installation and Commissioning of new Heller CNC machining
- Troubleshoot and mechanical/electrical repair of mechatronic
systems found in Heller CNC machining centers.
- Provide professional technical support via phone or email to
- Analyze complex mechanical and electrical machine and
automation components for failure modes.
- Support the transportation of tooling and spare parts to
- Discuss and diagnose issues onsite with customers
- Request spare parts through the Aftermarket Sales group
- Thoroughly document repairs on service reports
- Track and document expensesEducation and Experience:
- Minimum 2-year degree. Combination business and technical
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience with heavy metal
removal product lines and processes.Job Knowledge, Skills, and
- Thorough understanding of electrical and mechanical systems
commonly used on 3 and 5-axis milling machining centers with Fanuc
31i or Siemens 840D PL & SL controls.
- Linear rails and carriages
- Ballscrew drives
- Servo motors
- External absolute measuring system
- Automatic tool magazine and tool changer
- Automatic pallet changer
- Manual and Automatic workpiece loading
- Spindle machining units
- Servo amplifiers and closed-loop systems
- 480VAC and 24VDC electrical systems
- Pneumatic Systems
- Hydraulic Systems
- Lubrication Systems
- Coolant Systems (flood and mist)
- Conduct root cause analysis and create thorough and detailed
service reports and records.
- Ownership in meeting client goals.
- Must have excellent planning and time management skills
- Read and interpret blueprints.
- Complete set of own tools appropriate to complete any required
repairs. Heller-specific special tools will be provided.
- Communicate effectively with customer maintenance techs,
customer plant engineers, and management.
- Microsoft Office Product application capability (specifically
Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)Training Requirements:
- General Safety
- ISO 9001 Quality System Awareness
- ISO 14001 Environmental Awareness
- Heller Network
- New Field Service Technicians will job-shadow long-tenured
colleagues as part of their initial training.
- Assembly and Commissioning of machines within the USA or
- Training in Germany by Heller Academy trainers.
- Field Service Technicians are supported by staff that consists
of former Field Service Technicians and a team that regularly
interacts with customers.Physical Demands:
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and move about the
facility.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety glasses may be required while performing specific
- Hearing protection may be required while performing specific
- Steel-toe safety shoes may be required while performing
specific tasksWork Environment:
- Work in both office and plant environments.Will be required to
perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.You should
be proficient in:
- Machine Setups for Production Runs
- Blueprint Reading
- PLC Troubleshooting Skills
- Electrical Troubleshooting Skills
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
- Pneumatics Experience
- Hydraulics Experience
- Troubleshooting Industrial Automation Equipment
- PLC Programming Experience
- PLC Wiring Experience
- Pipefitting Skills
- Mechanical Assembly Skills
- Machine Safety Inspections
- Troubleshooting CNC Machines
- Meets Physical Requirements
- Shop Math Skills
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Root Cause Analysis
- Basic Computer SkillsMachines & technologies you'll use:
- CNC Mill (3-4 axis VMC)
- Servo Motors
- CNC Mill (5+ axis VMC)
- Universal Machining Center (5 axis UMC)
- Universal Machining Center (3-4 axis)
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) (Fanuc, Siemens)
Keywords: HELLER Machine Tools L.P., Troy , CNC Field Service Technician, Professions , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!