Testing Technician I
Company: Hubbell, Roth Clark
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Hubbell, Roth & Clark, Inc. Engineering. Environment. Excellence.
We pride ourselves on our 100+ years of service to our municipal,
industrial, and private clients' and know it would not be possible
without our dedicated most valued team players. At HRC an
investment in our people runs at the core of our business and what
we do - it drives on our purpose and progress and keeps us going.
Our Partners agree with this philosophy and live out these values
every day through their interactions with our employees and
**Special Note: HRC does not participate in sponsorships
This is an entry-level position ideally for someone with little to
no practical experience. After an orientation/training period would
make similar quality control tests of construction materials as
those of a Testing Technician II, primarily in the field but also
in the laboratory, as scheduled by the Testing Manager or the
Supervisors of Field and/or Laboratory Testing. This person would
be assigned to projects based upon experience levels obtained.
Assignments would be diversified to be able to achieve the
experience level of a Testing Technician II in the appropriate time
period. Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel
and Word will be utilized. Training provided.
On a given day, your work will consist of:
- Performing construction material testing on sand, clay, stone,
concrete and hot mix asphalt.
- Making daily quality control tests in the field or laboratory
at the required intervals to ASTM, AASHTO, MDOT, or applicable
- Ensuring personal safety, per HRC policy, while making these
- Reporting of the test results to HRC or (other agency) site
personnel assigned to the project (and contractor if appropriate
and / or directed to do so).
- Daily and accurate completion of written reports indicating
such tests using the forms and the format established by the
- Completing accurate logging of samples obtained in the field at
the testing laboratory using the forms and the format established
by the Chief Testing Engineer and /or the Supervisors of Laboratory
- Driving to, from and on active construction sites; company
vehicle provided for valid drivers.
- This position typically entails 5% office work and 95% job site
- These percentages are not guaranteed to this position as each
assigned job may entail different circumstances.
- Lifting/lowering of testing equipment that weighs up to 40
- Bending, stretching and stooping
- Standing and/or walking for an almost continuous 8 to 12 hours
Walking on miscellaneous surfaces that are often:
- Affected by the weather
- Filled with equipment ruts.
- Partially excavated.
- Filled with trip and slip areas of paving.
- Team and family-oriented work environment
- Advancement opportunities
- Extracurricular activities (softball team, golf league, social
- Medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Generous PTO available starting day 1
- Hourly position with time and - overtime pay
- 401K Plan
- Employer sponsored continuing education
- Mentoring program
- Attend community-based events
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Employee Appreciation Committee
- HRC Swag!
HRC has been recognized as an ENR Top 500 Design Firm and one of
the Cool Places to Work in Michigan in addition to being awarded
2022's Detroit Free Press and USA's Top Places to Work for the
second year in a row. Our innovative and forward-thinking community
of professionals work together to design and build excellent
engineering proposals for our clients. We are looking for
candidates that are self-driven, view challenges as an opportunity
to learn and grow, and ultimately, passionate drivers in leading
our future forward filled with opportunity to make a lasting
Does this sound like You? We'd Love to Hear from You!
If you are bursting with excitement at the thought of working with
us and joining our dynamic culture, we want to meet you. You can
visit our career page on Indeed and send in your resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to let us know why you want to join us
- as we love to hear stories.
Keywords: Hubbell, Roth Clark, Troy , Testing Technician I, Professions , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!