Provider Excellence Business Analyst (Hybrid - Troy, MI) - Health Alliance Plan
Company: Henry Ford Health System
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Under the general direction of the Product Owner, Business Lead, or Data Analytics and Strategy Leader, formulates and defines new business strategies and data models to enhance business efficiencies. Assists with the defining scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable business and data insights. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering software limitations, data design considerations, and information flow. Develops requirements analysis, use case reviews, fit/gap analyses, epics/features/user stories, acceptance criteria, and business process re-engineering. Understands the customer journey. Competent to work at the highest level of most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment. Communicates issues, and risks directly with technical management or other responsible entities to ensure a fully integrated solution across
multiple work streams.
Have significant experience with data analytics and experience using analytical skills to seek out, research and evaluate a variety of options to provide high quality, efficient business processes and solutions that promote efficiency and aligns with the customer journey. Must demonstrate the ability to mediate and bridge the relationship between technical and business stakeholders without compromising the needs of the solution users and the strategic goals of the organization.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Analyzes information from various sources to identify trends and opportunities as well as identify information flow and data issues.
* Supports scrum team by defining workflows, epics/features/user stories, and acceptance criteria.
* Ability to report progress to various levels of leadership within organization and tell a story with data insights to help leaders make actionable decisions.
* Keeps abreast of new capabilities and functionalities needed across the business processes being supported and helps to build a data driven culture within the company.
* Plans, designs, and recommends business processes to improve and support business activities.
* Assists with developing the methods and procedures required to identify whether current business goals and objectives meet organizational needs.
* Facilitates meetings with stakeholders to gather and document data requirements, patterns in data, workflows, gaps, and potential solutions.
* Analyzes and documents client's business requirements and processes and communicates these requirements, including data analysis and volume estimates from organization.
* Collaborates with work teams, departments, system leadership, staff, other IT groups, and to define needs and business requirements.
* Provides input into developing and modifying systems to meet needs and develops business specifications to support these modifications.
* Creates test scenarios and develops test plans to be used in testing the business applications to verify that requirements are incorporated into the system design.
* Assists in analyzing testing results.
* Participates in reviews and inspections to verify 'intent of change' is carried out through the entire project.
* Participates in business analyst tasks on information technology projects, problem tickets and provide support to other team members.
* Performs initial analysis of identified issues.
* Occasionally trains end users or coordinate with the Training team to help guide the development of end user training materials as needed
* Ensures proper documentation and on-time delivery of all functional artifacts and deliverables for assigned work.
* Acts as liaison to IT, operations and/or vendors supported in the division.
* Works to understand, develop and propose business requirements.
* Serves as operational business unit SME for technical and/or data driven solutions.
* Follows Agile/Scrum practices including daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, code reviews, and appropriate decision-making methods.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree required or five (5) years of applicable experience in lieu of degree; Advanced degree preferred.
* Five (5) years of applicable work experience required; three (3) years applicable experience in a Healthcare setting preferred. Preferred experience includes strong knowledge of state-of-the-art approaches in design, build, test, problem solving, and ability to articulate examples of workflows and processes associated with that experience.
* Two (2) years of experience with data warehouse environments, such as data design, database architecture, metadata or repository creation preferred.
* Ability to work in a remote environment.
* Experience with Agile /Scrum preferred.
* Experience documenting business requirements.
* Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
* Proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
* Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
* Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
* Experience in application programming or application support.
Keywords: Henry Ford Health System, Troy , Provider Excellence Business Analyst (Hybrid - Troy, MI) - Health Alliance Plan, Professions , Troy, Michigan
here to apply!