Supply Chain Manager
Company: MAHLE, Inc
Posted on: May 28, 2023
SUMMARY:The Supply Chain Manager -is an individual contributor
position responsible -for ensuring the supply of all MAHLE entities
within a region through management of critical suppliers, overall
risks, and de-sourcing decisions (use of alternative suppliers) for
a commodity. Other responsibilities are to track and improve the
logistics performance towards customers in cooperation with plants,
implement problem solving and improvements to internal processes,
and improve supplier performance through auditing, tracking, and
developing suppliers. - This is not a supervisory
position.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Manage escalation activities across business units for a
commodity group (metals/polymers, electrical & electronics, raw
materials) - management of suppliers in escalation cases regarding
issues with capacity, finances, quantities, delivery dates, quality
and general bottlenecks for global suppliers for a region.
- Negotiate solutions for suppliers including countermeasures for
issues, cost responsibility, solutions to quality cases,
- Manage internal bottlenecks, including the selection and
approval of alternative suppliers. Coordinate these activities as
project manager with engineering, purchasing, production and
- Support the implementation of standards, methods, tools and
processes and changes within region.
- Apply methods, standards and guidelines for supplier management
in region, specifically in the following areas:
- Bottleneck Management - support relocation in case of
- Supply Chain Disruption Response Transport disruptions
(supply/demand coordination globally, allocation)
- Escalation Management
- Design and set-up of performance management via key performance
indicators (KPIs) such as, capacity spend for indirect functions,
costs for external service providers, benchmarking, tracking of
- Develop key performance indicators for supplier scorecard,
track supplier performance, initiate cross-functional supplier
development measures with internal departments (purchasing,
quality, operations, and sales) where necessary, up to taskforce
escalation level. Operative management at supplier location.
- Ensure the implementation of the following in all regions
across business units for the commodities metals/polymers,
electrical & electronics (E/E), raw materials:
- Track and manage supply delivery performance of suppliers.
- Development of suppliers.
- Claim management of logistic service providers.
- Review of fulfillment of logistics requirements at
- Track and manage supply delivery performance towards
- Track and improve logistic claims from customer.
- Conduct supplier logistic audits at regional suppliers.
- Rate performance of suppliers according to the supplier
- Conduct regional management recommendations regarding supplier
nomination (supplier decision meetings).
- All other duties and projects as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain, Business
Administration, Engineering or related field from an accredited
college or university is Preferred, or equivalent related
- Inventory management experience is Required
- Advanced experience with SAP warehouse management (WM) and
materials management (MM) modules is Required
- Automotive industry supply chain experience is Preferred
- Strong understanding of Purchasing Principles
- Ability to identify and solve problems, to work within
deadlines with a high attention to detail, and to work
independently in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong business acumen and the ability to influence and develop
strong working relationships with colleagues, senior level
management and/or executives, vendors, suppliers, etc. - -Do you
have any questions? - - - - - - - -SHEILA.HOOVER@MAHLE.COM - -
Keywords: MAHLE, Inc, Troy , Supply Chain Manager, Professions , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...