Veterans Preferred - Production Associate (Cylinder Loader)
Company: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -R10029923 Production
Associate (Cylinder Loader) (Open)
Troy, MI - Filling industrial
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
The Cylinder Loader will be responsible for Loading and unloading
of high-pressure and liquid cylinders on / off trucks in compliance
with federal, state, local regulations. The Loader will also be
responsible for meeting all safety standards in the loading and
unloading of cylinder gases per Airgas procedures.
Position Title: Production Associate (Cylinder Loader)
- Troy, MI
In particular, you will:
- Inspects cylinders prior to filling, following standard
procedures as required by government, Airgas, and distributor
- Understands hazards of various gases; size and contents of
cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the
color-coding of tanks.
- Complies with all government and company standards relating to
the safe handling of hazardous materials/cylinder gases.
- Operates a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse
- Loads cylinders on/off vehicles, using hand truck or chain
hoist, and records type and quantity of cylinders.
- Loads/unloads cylinders on/off pallets; ensuring they are
- Examines returned cylinders for surface defects, dents, cracks,
burns and performs minor maintenance of equipment and inspection of
cylinders prior to filling.
- Rolls cylinders to designated work area using appropriate, safe
work method or equipment
- Segregates out of test cylinders and any defective
- Removes old labels, cleans cylinders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Are you a MATCH?
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum one year prior experience in manufacturing operation,
filling or loading experience preferred.
- Strong background in gas, welding and safety supply industry or
chemical industry preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet
- Strong level of attention to detail.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent's
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive
workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our
customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants,
regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion,
disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly
believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to
express their talent, both individually and collectively and it
helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals,
acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status, or any other protected characteristic.
Please click here to view the EEO Know Your Rights poster and here
to view the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination poster. Airgas, an
Air Liquide Company invites any applicant and/or employee to review
the Company's written Affirmative Action Plan or Policy Statement.
This plan or policy statement is available for inspection upon
request by contacting Human Resources at 844-myHR4AG
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company and its group of companies does not
discriminate against qualified applicants with disabilities and is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the known
disabilities of such individuals so as to ensure equal access to
benefits and privileges of employment. If you are an individual
with a disability and would like to request a reasonable
accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please
contact us by phone at 844-myHR4AG (844-694-7424) or by email to
Keywords: US11345-AIRGAS Airgas USA, LLC, Troy , Veterans Preferred - Production Associate (Cylinder Loader), Professions , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!