Retail Sales, Part Time: Oakland Mall
Posted on: January 12, 2021
As a Selling Colleague, you will be an integral part of bringing
the magic of Macy's to life. Selling Colleagues provide outstanding
customer service, meet hourly sales and Loyalty goals on a personal
and departmental basis, and demonstrate superior product knowledge
to customers. Selling Colleagues create a shopping experience that
will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable including the
upkeep of merchandise within the store and maintaining the
stockroom. The Selling Colleague is also responsible for
fulfillment and performing other duties as necessary.
Macy's uses a scheduling plan that allows our colleagues to
participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing
availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key
events and peak selling times, Macy's may offer additional shifts
to our colleagues, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling
tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the
customer is always the priority.
- Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and
have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical
customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary.
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other
customer preference related factors; suggest additional merchandise
to compliment customer selection.
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build
sales and minimize returns, including Macy's Loyalty Programs.
- Be proficient in POS systems including but not limited to
Search and Send and My Client.
- Proactively assist customers who are using devices to shop and
compare, whether Macy's devices or their own.
- Develop new business and expand client base through networking,
suggestive selling and on the floor presence.
- Maintain department recovery standards; including fitting room
go backs to standard, if applicable.
- Retrieve additional merchandise for customers as
- Assist the Support Colleague Team in the movement of fixtures
and merchandise for new product, season changes, and clearance
- Assist in inventory and markdown process.
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance
- Follows shortage programs and procedures.
- Perform these and other functions in an efficient manner, as
directed by the Supervisor.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- No specific educational accomplishment is required.
- Previous retail experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents
such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and
- Able to communicate on the telephone with proper etiquette.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Must be able to calculate percentages and ratios.
- Must be able to make change using American Monetary units.
- Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
- Possess strong sense of urgency and a thirst for learning.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for
extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus
adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds. Work
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including mornings,
evenings, and weekends, and busy events such as the day after
Thanksgiving, special Big Event days, and the day after Christmas,
based on department and store/company needs. This job overview is
not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to
amend this job overview at any time. Macy's is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's and Bloomingdale's - will consider
for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a
manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9 .
Keywords: Macy's, Troy , Retail Sales, Part Time: Oakland Mall, Sales , Troy, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!